Study In Canada

Study in Canada

Canada is one of the largest countries in the world and is in the north of the United States of America. It extends from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west. In the north, Canada extends up to the Arctic Ocean.  Canada is a vibrant nation and has a stable democracy. It enjoys a contiguous border with the USA and many of its citizens enjoy the ability to work freely in the USA, thanks to the NAFTA agreement between US, Mexico, and Canada.  Canada has a bustling economy, and its residents enjoy a high standard of living. The official languages are English and French while Ottawa is the federal capital (a fact that many foreigners often confuse with Toronto). There are ten provinces and three territories while the official currency is Canadian dollar (CAD). 

International Students

More than 500,000 students visit Canada to enter higher secondary educational institutions. This number is increasing each year and will reach at least a million by 2025. More than 95% students recommend Canada as a destination for higher education thanks to its:


  1. Top quality educational system
  2. Diversity
  3. Non-discriminatory attitude towards everyone
  4. High standard of living
  5. Cheaper educational costs

Study permit

A legal document that allows students to study in Canada while also allowing them to work up to 20 hrs. per week during full time studies and 40 hrs. per week during breaks/holidays.


Who needs a study permit? 


Usually when the length of the program is longer than 6 months. After COVID-19 pandemic, even programs shorter than 6 months may need a study permit.

You may also need the following: depending on your country of citizenship, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada.

Commonly Asked Questions

Minimum funds that you need in order to  support yourself as a student (and family members (spouse and or children) who come with you):





Person coming to CAN

Amount of funds required per year (additional to the tuition)

Amount of funds required per year (additional to the tuition)

You (Student/PA)






Child or each dependant



All international students who are married and or have dependants can include them on their study permit application. Once approved, the spouse can obtain an open work permit allowing him/her to work full time during that period. However, please note that the living expense required to prove that you can support yourself and each of your dependents increases according to the above table. With just a spouse your living expense will be 10K + 4 K = 14K . if you wish to include your children, then this increases the amount you have to show on your financials.  The main goal is for you to satisfy that you can support yourself and your dependents during your stay in Canada.

Usually, the if your length of program is 1 year or shorter you will get an equivalent number of PGWP. For example, if your length of the program is 1 year, your PGWP is 1 year. However, if your length of the program is 2 years, your PGWP is 2 years +1 year = 3 years

Planning To Study Abroad?

Our expert counselors are here to guide you to find the best educational experience and international exposure.

Course Categories

Quisque velit nisi, pretium ut lacinia in, elementum id enim. 

Connect with us